- 28 March
Dutch contribution to the Prague QuadrennialPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.SELF will be presented from 6 to 16 June 2019, thanks to the support of Dutch Performing Arts and Creative Industries Fund NL. SELF is an interactive performative installation that questions corporate social responsibility by introducing guilt as a resource. The core element of the performative installation is a shop, a contemporary concept store where a single product is presented and sold: SELF – Human Soap. SELF is made from people for people. The soap is made from human fat, obtained from liposuction. SELF offers the possibility of caring for others by caring for yourself. The future of the project is embedded in a sustainable concept that appropriates corporate social responsibility: the profit from selling the soap will be donated to a charity, an organisation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo that provides fresh, purified drinking water for the local community. The store functions as a slick and enticing entrance to a complex and ambiguous universe that questions cultural consumerism and raises questions about individual and collective guilt.
It is a representative example of the expanded scenography we witness nowadays in the Netherlands, with scenographers and theatre-makers moving beyond the theatre building, engaging with other social domains and using scenography to frame urgent questions. With SELF, Platform-Scenography is presenting an example of scenography that creates a ‘thinking arena’, a space and time to question, rethink and experience urgent, present-day dilemmas. SELF punctures the bubble we live in, underlining the PQ statement that ‘performance environments are emotionally charged’, places where ‘design can become a quest, a question, an argument, a threat, a resolution or an agent of positive change.’
Concept & Director: Julian Hetzel
Dramaturg: Miguel Angel Melgares
Scenography: Studio SIDF
Video / Multimedia: Hertog & Nadler
Visual communication: Peim
Production management: Jasper Hupkens
Technical director: Vincent Beune
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- 1 FebruaryPerforming Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) has an Open Call for an international showcase programme. PAMS takes place in October 2018.
- 29 JanuaryPACT Zollverein is offering a residency programme for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artists from both Germany and abroad working in the fields of dance, performance and media art.
- load more...