- 02 November MACRO Testaccio and La Pelanda, Piazza Orazio, Giustiniani 4, Rome, Italy
Romaeuropa: I will wait for youItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents Dutch theatre, children's theatre and dance.I will wait for you: the words of a declaration of love, the beginning of a wait, the development of a distance. However, Arno Schuitemaker’s show with this title has nothing to do with any of this. Far from creating a narrative choreography, the Dutch choreographer (previously at Romaeuropa 2014 in the section dedicated to new European dance) has decided to move closer to a more performative and minimalist trend, draining the dance of all unnecessary frills and structuring a piece based on a single movement.
Schuitemaker, who moved into contemporary dance only after earning a degree in the field of technology, and who has always been interested in the theory of “mirror neurons”, always brings something profoundly scientific to his work.
Therefore, I will wait for you, while inspired by the feelings really experienced during a long-distance relationship, develops an abstract language: three dancers appear faintly in the dark, different shades of light change the perception of their bodies and space while a courageous sound environment surrounds viewers. Schuitemaker presents his most intimate and thoughtful performance; a visceral experience in which the act of watching and the audience’s expectations take on an active function.
- 28 June → 29 JuneRotterdaminJazz and Dutch Performing Arts are collaborating closely on an international programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international platforms.
- 02 July → 15 JulyAmsterdamJulidans is an international dance festival that runs from 2 to 15 July in Amsterdam, with a wide range of challenging productions and premieres.
- 20 July → 22 JulyHilversumFrom 20 to 22 July the Wonderfeel classical music festival is being staged in the midst of nature close to Hilversum.
- 05 September → 09 SeptemberUtrecht, The NetherlandsGaudeamus presents, organises, promotes, and supports the newest music by pioneering talent and has been an advocate of trailblazing composers around the world for 70 years. Gaudeamus organises an international visitors programme during Gaudeamus Muziekweek in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts.
- 06 September → 08 SeptemberAntwerpAre you a performing arts professional (programmer, curator, dramaturge...) with a clear interest in Dutch and Flemish work and willing to stay for a three-day programme?
- 05 October → 07 OctoberDe Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsDe Krakeling, the most famous theatre in the Netherlands that is fully dedicated to young audiences, is celebrating its 40th anniversary this autumn!
- 24 October → 28 OctoberLas Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.