- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Operadagen Rotterdam / Operation Music Theatre 2019Operadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.Dutch Performing Arts works closely together with Operadagen Rotterdam to introduce and present (new) Dutch work, musicians and companies to international presenters. The festival's 14th edition takes place from 17-26 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Operadagen Rotterdam will guide a number of international programmers through the festival from 18-22 May. Part of the professionals' programme is Operation Music Theatre (Operatie Muziektheater), where international professionals are introduced to the important music theatre talent of today and tomorrow.
Want to know which international organisations will be attending? Check out the PDF at the bottom of this page.
For a first outline of the international visitors' programme, visit the Operadagen website.
About Operadagen Rotterdam
Operadagen Rotterdam is a ten-day festival that presents opera and music theatre as you have never seen it before. The international event presents over 100 performances in Rotterdam’s major theatres and other venues all around the city. On roofs and squares, in churches and parks. Metamorphosis, the highlight of every heroic epic, is the theme of this year's festival edition. Check out their website for the full festival programme.
The international visitors' programme is organised by Operadagen Rotterdam in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 20 Jun. → 23 Jun. '19Terschelling, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, landscape arts festival Oerol organises an international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme runs from 20-23 June 2019 on the island of Terschelling, the Netherlands.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The visitors' programme takes place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 4 Jul. → 7 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFor the third year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts partners up with dance festival Julidans. The festival organises an international visitors' programme to present a wide range of Dutch productions and premieres to international presenters.
- 5 Jul. → 7 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsPart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- 12 Jul. → 21 Jul. '19Cividale del Friuli, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian performing arts festival Mittelfest spotlights the work of three Dutch artists and music groups. The festival takes place from 12-21 July 2019 in Cividale del Friuli, Italy.
- 22 Jul. → 5 Aug. '19Venice, ItalyDutch Performing Arts proudly powers three Netherlands-based theatre companies and artists who are part of the International Theatre Festival at the Venice Biennale 2019. Theater Artemis, Club Gewalt and Julian Hetzel are part of a Dutch focus programme, with multiple performances in July and August 2019.
- 7 Aug. → 10 Aug. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute, Theaterfestival Boulevard invites theatre professionals to its international visitors' programme titled Highlights From the Lowlands. The international visitors' programme takes place from 7-10 August 2019 in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche, with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 10 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the Bimhuis in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the Bimhuis, the 13th edition features a satellite programme with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.