- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Operadagen Rotterdam / Operation Music Theatre 2019Operadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.Dutch Performing Arts works closely together with Operadagen Rotterdam to introduce and present (new) Dutch work, musicians and companies to international presenters. The festival's 14th edition takes place from 17-26 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Operadagen Rotterdam will guide a number of international programmers through the festival from 18-22 May. Part of the professionals' programme is Operation Music Theatre (Operatie Muziektheater), where international professionals are introduced to the important music theatre talent of today and tomorrow.
Want to know which international organisations will be attending? Check out the PDF at the bottom of this page.
For a first outline of the international visitors' programme, visit the Operadagen website.
About Operadagen Rotterdam
Operadagen Rotterdam is a ten-day festival that presents opera and music theatre as you have never seen it before. The international event presents over 100 performances in Rotterdam’s major theatres and other venues all around the city. On roofs and squares, in churches and parks. Metamorphosis, the highlight of every heroic epic, is the theme of this year's festival edition. Check out their website for the full festival programme.
The international visitors' programme is organised by Operadagen Rotterdam in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 14 Sep. → 4 Nov. '19Ghent, BelgiumIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Flanders Festival Ghent (Gent Festival van Vlaanderen) organises an extensive Dutch programme featuring a host of Netherlands-based artists and groups. The Dutch performances take place from 14 September-4 October 2019 in Ghent, Belgium.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 20 Sep. → 12 Oct. '19Marseille, FranceIn close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, interdisciplinary festival Actoral presents performances by Davy Pieters, Michele Rizzo, and Benjamin Khan & Cherish Benszo at various venues in Marseille, France.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 26 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Berlin, GermanyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Berlin-based festival BAM! presents performances by three Dutch music theatre companies: Huba de Graaff, Club Gewalt, and Project Wildeman. The music theatre festival also organises a symposium, with a focus on music theater in the Netherlands.
- 3 Oct. → 6 Oct. '19Maastricht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Nederlandse Dansdagen (Dutch Dance Festival) organises an international visitors' programme from 3-6 October in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- 11 Oct. → 13 Oct. '19Seoul, South KoreaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, performer and filmmaker Karel van Laere will do three shows of his performance 'The Non-Present Performer' at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MMCA) in Seoul, South Korea.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.