- 07 Jul. → 09 Jul. '16Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Moving Meetings Dance 2016Moving Meetings Dance 2016 presents emerging choreographers from the Netherlands and offers a divers programme during the day in addition to the evening programme of Julidans.This event (invitation only) is the ideal opportunity to connect with international programmers and artists and gives an insight on the newest developments of dance: contemporary and interdisciplinary, edgy and exciting. The programme takes place on different locations throughout Amsterdam.
On Thursday 7 July Moving Meetings Dance 2016 will kick off with an informal reception followed by the world premiere of Protagonist by Jefta van Dinther for Cullberg Ballet.
The programme on Friday 8 July is curated in collaboration with Dansmakers Amsterdam and the Moving Futures network. It presents a wide range of bookable up-and coming talents from the Netherlands like Cecilia Moisio, Connor Schumacher, Fernando Belfiore, Jasper van Luijk, Katja Heitmann and Sabine Molenaar. In the evening The Dry Piece XL by Keren Levi and TEFER by Itamar Serussi with Balletto di Roma can be seen as part of Julidans.
On Saturday 9 July the programme will be curated and hosted by Veem House for Performance, focussing on the new generation interdisciplinary dance makers such as Rodrigo Sobarzo, Orion Maxted and Ola Maciejewska. In the evening there is the possibility of seeing more performances of the Julidans programme.
A map with all the Moving Meetings Dance 2016 locations can be found here.
Do you have questions about the programme or registration possibilities? Please contact Norma Schiphof: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Meetings Dance is a project of Dutch Performing Arts and is organised by Julidans and the Dutch Dance Festival. Starting in 2015 Moving Meetings Dance takes place at the Dutch Dance Festival in Maastricht every other year, and at Julidans in Amsterdam every alternating year starting in 2016.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 16 Oct. → 20 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaDutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. Joining us are (representatives of) Netherlands-based artists who will pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 23 Oct. → 27 Oct. '19Tampere, FinlandPart of a continued collaboration with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts will represent Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX 2019. This year's edition takes place from 23-27 October 2019 in Tampere, Finland.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 7 Nov. → 9 Nov. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsFor the fifth year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts and music festival November Music closely collaborate on an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 7-9 November 2019 in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.