- 18 May. → 18 May. '18De Doelen, Rotterdam
Classical:NEXT Classical music for young audiencesDuring Classical:Next, Oorkaan will organise a session about reinventing the classical concert format.Since 2000, the Dutch organization Oorkaan creates high quality staged concerts for young audiences, performed by outstanding musicians. These staged concerts are presented in concert halls, theatres and festivals all over the world. For the creation of the productions, Oorkaan trains talented musicians in their performance and physical acting skills according to the Oorkaan Method.
Together with Pascal Sticklies (senior education manager Philharmonie Luxembourg) and the audience, Caecilia Thunnissen (artistic director of Oorkaan) will address the following questions:
Which is the best way to make live performed classical music accessible for young audiences? What kind of core values should we embrace while creating? What kind of skills are requested from the musicians and how can we train them in these skills? And is this also applicable to concert formats for adults and even a chance for innovation in the classical concert practice as a whole?
The session is moderated by Maria Hansen, executive director ELIA, European League of Institutes of the Arts. The session will be held in De Doelen, in conference room 3.
Image: Glimp, Oorkaan. Photo: Ronald Knapp
- 19 Sep. → 25 Oct. '18Rome, ItalyItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents several performances of Dutch dance and children's music theatre.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.